Commercial property insurance protects against the loss or loss of use of company property, including lost income, buildings, computers, and valuable paperwork.
Commercial Property Insurance is Imperative to Any Size Business
Your livelihood is dependent on the survival of your business, so it is imperative that you protect it against any potential threat—big or small. For instance, a fire could destroy your business’s warehouse and the contents inside, or a burst frozen pipe could damage important documents and valuable papers. Worse, you could have trouble paying your employees during a loss because your funds are devoted to repairing the damage.
Property coverage comes in many forms to suit your specific needs. Before purchasing coverage, take a complete inventory of all your business property to determine how much you need to insure. This important step ensures you will have adequate coverage to continue your business in the event of a covered loss.
Here are some examples of property that’s commonly insured:
- Buildings and other structures (leased or owned)
- Furniture, equipment, and supplies
- Money and securities
- Records of accounts receivable
- Leasehold improvements and betterments you made to the rented premise
- Electronic data processing equipment (computers, etc.)
- Valued documents, books, and papers
- Mobile property (construction equipment, etc.)
- Property in transit
- Satellite dishes
- Signs, fences, and other outdoor property not directly attached to the building
- Intangible property (goodwill, trademarks, etc.)
- Business contingency for suppliers
- Ordinary payroll
- Extra expenses as a result of loss
Evergreen Insurance LLC understands that determining your business’s value is critical, so we’re here to help. Contact us today at 800.662.2020 to learn more about our property insurance and loss control solutions to protect your business.